ACT Local Services
ACT ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the ACT site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
ACT Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in ACT When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
ACT Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for ACT Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
ACT ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for ACT and a Place to Meet
The act.guide Odd Spot
Interesting facts about ACT
Interesting Facts About the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)
The Australian Capital Territory (ACT) is one of the country's smallest territories, located in the southeastern part of Australia, surrounded by the state of New South Wales. Here are some interesting facts about the ACT:
1. Canberra is the capital city of Australia, and it is located within the ACT.
2. The ACT is the only territory in Australia that is entirely surrounded by one state.
3. The ACT covers an area of approximately 2,400 square kilometers.
4. The territory was created in 1911 to serve as the location for the federal capital city of Australia.
5. Lake Burley Griffin is a man-made lake located in the heart of Canberra, named after Walter Burley Griffin, the city's architect.
6. Canberra's Parliament House, which was opened in 1988, is shaped like two boomerangs facing each other.
7. The ACT has a population of around 400,000 people, with over two-thirds of the population living in Canberra.
8. The Australian War Memorial, located in the ACT, is the country's national memorial to all those who have served in its armed forces.
9. Canberra is home to several cultural institutions, including the National Gallery of Australia, the National Museum of Australia, and the Australian Institute of Sport.
10. The ACT has a cool, temperate climate, with temperatures averaging around 13°C in winter and 27°C in summer.
Overall, the ACT is a fascinating part of Australia, with a rich history, stunning natural scenery, and plenty of cultural attractions to explore.